Recently, I sat for the
Aviatrix Certified Engineer exam and Passed it. Here’s my experience about the whole process, importance of the exam, and my personal notes that I took while prepping for the exam.
Aviatrix is a cloud native networking company. Aviatrix cloud-native networking solution provides an end to end secure network solution for AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and Oracle Cloud (OCI).
The solution includes AWS Global Transit Network, an enterprise OpenVPN® access to VPC/VNet, encrypted routing for VPC/VNet to VPC/VNet traffic, Stateful Firewall and Egress FQDN and monitoring and logging of link status and latency.
The solution enables you to build a secure private network spanning one or more public clouds where a user can access any instance/VM with a private IP address directly.
For an Aviatrix overview, check out this document.
About ACE Program
The Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) Program is the first multi-cloud networking and security certification available to technical professionals and cloud practitioners. The ACE certification is designed for individuals who already understand basic networking concepts and prepares engineers and operations staff with the (1) working knowledge of native networking constructs in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and (2) proficiency to build use cases and multi-cloud architectures using Aviatrix software.
There are 3 levels of certifications starting from
Associate -> Professional -> Design Architect.
Out of them, Associate level Certification can be obtained ONLINE by attending their Self-paced online course.
You can know more about their certification programs & can enroll for the ACE Associate Certification from HERE.
Important information about ACE Exam
- Aviatrix is currently offering the ACE Exam FREE! with coupon code ACEONLINE which is valid through August 31.
- Once you sign up for the program, You’ll be required to complete Aviatrix Certified Engineer – Multi-Cloud Network Associate Course which you can access through your account on aviatrix.teachable.com
- Without completing the course, you cannot book you Exam.
- You MUST watch atleast 90% part of each of the videos in the course & score atleast 70% in the Quiz asssociated with each video in order to proceed to the next video!
- Once you complete your course, you will be asked to book your exam. Aviatrix recommends scheduling the exam within two weeks of completing the course.
- You will have 60 minutes to complete the exam. If you do not pass the exam, you are allowed 1 re-take within one week of your first attempt.
My Experience & Preparation Tips
I sat for the exam on 24th of June, 2020. I got my result & certification one week later on 1st of July, 2020.
To do well in the exam you should:
- Go through the MCN Architecture course thouroughly.
- Apart from the course, review these ACE Associate Self Paced Learning Guidelines.
- Focus more on the Aviatrix Side of things like their components(Aviatrix Controller, CoPilot)
- For the ACE Associate course, the LABs are optional but I will highly recommended you to watch the Deploy Aviatrix Controller LAB video
- You can refer to my notes which I took from all of the resources mentioned above. Please bare with my bad handwriting!
- Doing all of the things mentioned above should be sufficient for you to rock your ACE Exam!
I hope you find this post useful in order for you to clear the exam. Wish you the very best with your ACE Exam!
You can download the notes that my good friend wrote here
Also visit his blog and enjoy his posts
Download NOtes :